Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Favorite Recipes

Meredith and I would like to share a few of our favorite recipes with you today.  We both work on eating humanely. 

There are a few things we look for in our recipes:

1)  Easy - We like meals and snacks that we can knock quickly with minimal effort.

2)  Clean - We are into eating clean.

3)  Taste - It has to taste good.  My husband is an omnivore.  If I'm not going to put animal in it, it has to taste incredible or he won't eat it.  Well, he will eat it but there will be grumbling.

My favorite snack at the moment is a recipe that Meredith sent me.  My husband doesn't want store bought cookies anymore.  I have them in the oven right now. 

Banana & Peanut Butter Flaxseed Cookies 
I use vegan chocolate chips that I get at Sprouts and I can't tell the difference - they're mini chips by Enjoy Life.

On to actual meals -
Quinoa Salad with Black Beans & Mango
This is one of my favorite lunches.  It's very versatile.  If I need to get my greens in, I'll put it on salad.  If I'm in a bready mood, I'll stuff it into a pita.  It's also good rolled up in a wrap.

Crockpot Split Pea Soup
If you use Vegetable Broth, do NOT use the bullion cubes - it will come out too salty.  This feeds us for three nights.  I have a picky husband who won't eat anything more than two nights in a row so I freeze some right away for next week.

Mediterranean Salad
This is one of our faves during the summer.  I get all the ingredients at Trader Joe's, including their french bread.  We split half a loaf and eat it with the salad.  I don't layer it like the recipe suggests.  But that's best thing about this recipe - it's versatile.  It's also a nice, light dinner.

And speaking of summer...
Avocado Pesto Pasta
This will impress all of your friends.  It's easy, tasty and great for summer!


What about you - do you have any favorite recipes you want to share?  Do any of these look good to you?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the receipes. The banana and peanut butter flaxseed cookies sound yummy!

    Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily

    ReplyDelete